𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬
Not an easy task! Here is my boy taking a nap on a plane, something he really struggled to do as a baby. I thought it would be impossible! I still can’t believe it when he actually falls asleep and stays asleep. However, with the right preparation, persistence and tools it can be achieved!
𝐌𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐬:
– brainstorm before your trip! sit down and make a good plan and make a list of everything you may need.
– how do you think your child will handle sleeping on a plane and what are the best things to take with you to make sure your child is snug and comfy?
– talk to older little ones about the plan for the flight and when/how the sleep will happen
– during the flight do a mini pre nap or bedtime routine. This can include brushing teeth, read a book, pyjamas (for night flights) etc.
– bring an inflatable foot rest (can be found on amazon)
– a light and breathable shawl or something similar to create a little tent over the seat or over your baby to prevent curious little ones from getting distracted
– baby carrier for little babies that sleep better when they are snuggled up to you
It can be a tough task, but try to be persistent and don’t worry about all of the disapproving looks you may get from other passengers. A well rested child is very likely to be far more happy and relaxed than one that is overtired and desperate to get out of the confinement of an airplane.